8.24.2013

Things I have learned...

WHILE BEING PREGNANT.

While pregnant, I signed up for one of those pregnancy apps - What To Expect When You're Expecting


I quickly became addicted to this app! Not so much the weekly updates on baby size and stuff, but the forums! There were lots of forums! Hot Topics, Multicultural, Your Location, Young Moms, Working Moms; whatever you were looking for, there was a forum. 

There were a lot of women on the forum asking questions about being preggo for the first time and asking questions about symptoms they had and if they needed to go to the ER.

I learned that when I'm preggo, I become a hypochondriac! There were women talking about bleeding and cramping, aches and pains, placenta issues, discharge issues, anything and everything!

During my 1st trimester, I had a little scare. I had a little spotting over winter break. There were so many things running through my mind, it was NUTS! I didn't want to have an "angel baby." Arik said to call the doctor and my bestie said, "stop fucking reading that shit!" Good advice, by the way.

It turned out that I probably had a hemorrhoid. There was no more bleeding when I went to the bathroom, but BOY! did that moment make my usual mommy worries BLOW UP!!!! Forget just daydreaming about tripping down the stairs or something and landing on my tummy. My mental image wouldn't stop there. I could envision the whole scenario now because I was reading these posts on my preggo app forum. 

I learned that the apps can be good to an extent, but can also be detrimental to my mental health! I also learned that preggo women can be the most catty chicks around and they just let themselves go because they can blame it all on their raging hormones. It was ridiculous! 

Even though all that was going on, I just couldn't stay away. Besides, I learned about some pretty groovy Facebook groups that I am still a member of. 

My advice? Beware of preggo apps.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails