8.29.2013

Pregnancy Joys

Once the third trimester hit, so did everything else!

My stomach got bigger as did my face and the rest of my body. I started to swell. My feet and legs were HUGE! It was Mother's Day when it happened. I remember posting on Facebook about the awesome gift that I got...cankles and sausage toes!

The joys of pregnancy! My top 10 (not really just 10, but who has a top 50 or 100?):

  • Fatigue like nobody's business
  • Skin like a reptile everywhere but my face
  • Facial skin that would rival motor oil with a weight of 30
  • Inability to breathe unless I was propped at a 45 degree angle
  • The ridiculous body odor that plagued me
  • crazy sweat glands
  • every tooth being a sweet tooth
  • gaining weight
  • swollen legs and ankles to the point that they looked like I had elephantiasis
  • Constant thirst
  • Constant hunger
  • Over emotional
  • pimples on my ENTIRE body
  • growing rotundness of my belly
  • an affliction to your husband
  • And the number one pregnancy joy is having to slouch down to the edge of the couch before you can get off of it on your own and having your husband look at you, laugh and say, "you are so cute!"

The swelling legs bit caused a small ruckus on facebook. I put up a picture of some elephantiasis legs and everyone thought they were mine.

A simile for what my legs looked like.
Photo compliments of Google Images
An actual picture of my legs a week later...

Everything really intensified during that 3rd trimester. I was just trying to make it through the end of the school year. I was pretty much on zombie status the month of May.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails