7.06.2011

Potty Puddle Pondering

Last night, I crawl into bed about 1:30 a.m. Then at 4:00 a.m., Aiden wanders into the bedroom. He's got a case of the whimpers and whines. He has awakened heartbroken because he peed in the bed....again.

Aiden is almost fully potty trained. He goes to the restroom, for the most part on his own. There are times when you ask him to go potty and he says he went yesterday, but those are becoming less frequent. He can do pretty much everything, 'cept "wipe his own ass" (Big Daddy, gotta love that movie), after dropping the kids off at the pool.

The last hurdle we have to face is getting that sphincter muscle stronger to hold his bladder overnight.

He usually wears a nighttime pull-up, but the for the past couple weeks, I've been allowing him to go to bed wearing underwear. Every time has been unsuccessful.

Last night was the first time he woke in the middle of the night because he realized he was wet. I like to look at that as a step in the right direction...

Tonight, Arik suggested I wake him and take him to the bathroom before I go to bed. Trying to see if I can beat the potty puddle and having to wash ALL his blankets and sheets (back-ups too) again this week (slacker mom sighting!)

I didn't make it. The potty puddle was already there when I tip-toed into his room at eleven.

 It breaks my heart when he wakes up in the morning and he's had an accident. He looks so defeated and these words tumble out his mouth as his bottom lip quivers, "I tried really hard to not pee-pee, Mommy. I couldn't do it. I'm not a baby..."

What can I do to complete this potty process and have my lil guy feel like a champ?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails