7.06.2011

Oedipus Complex

We've all read Sophocles' Oedipus Rex, right? Today, we are talking about the Oedipus Complex (a moment to refresh your memory).

I have a 3 1/2 year-old in the house and as of late, he has been REALLY needy. Don't get me wrong, I love that my baby needs me, but to the point that he's hanging on my leg or jungle gymin' me all willy-nilly? I mean those things have gone on for a while. I just managed to tune them out when my limit had been reached. There is something that I consider WAY more weird...

The newest thing that I have to talk to Aiden about is kissing. I don't know if he's seen 1 too many happy ending, love story, cartoon movies or what, but he's taken to wanting to kiss me on my lips an awful lot and do the whole head tilting bit.

I can't take that, peeps! I get on him at least once a day about trying to sneak a happily ever after kiss on me. He just looks at me all googly-eyed and then giggles.

In researching this topic, he is in the prime age bracket for these feelings (3-5 yrs of age).

So, the catch phrase that ran ramped through the house had been, "Aiden, stop playing with your penis." Now, however, I find myself saying things like. "you're kissing mommy too much" or "Can you stop kissing all over mommy?" He likes to plant smackers anywhere he can make a connection with those lips of his...arm, shoulder, cheek, lips, leg!

I tell you, trying to raise boys is kooky sometimes. Having to draw boundaries without breaking spirits...It's a struggle, but we're working on it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails