7.24.2011

"Pinterested" in Fine Dining?

Tonight I made a delicious dinner. It's a recipe that I pinned to my Tasty Pinboard. I ventured out to the grocery store with my guys and picked up the ingredients for Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta. It was supposed to take 16 minutes to cook, but in slacker mom time, that comes out to about 30-45 minutes. My time management is crazy off!

Arik said it was good and apparently Aiden LOVED it! He told Arik that we definitely had to make it again. Andrew wasn't very hungry (pit stop to IHOP before the grocery store today). I tasted it and thought it was yummy.

My chest is all puffed out because Arik said it was good. In our house, Arik is usually the dinner maker. I'm really here to sit and look pretty... Really, though? I don't cook a lot because I worry that he won't like it. I don't really cook chicken or pork because one time he told me it was dry. I don't cook eggs because one time he said they were burnt. I don't really cook because the same meal I've cooked, he could do it in like 15 minutes. I'm a little intimidated by his skills and I don't want to look like an idiot. Silly, huh? Married for 12 years, together for 14 years and I don't want to look like an idiot?!

I have my hang-ups, all right? I'll probably always have them. I'm okay with that, but I worry how long Arik will be okay with them... Ah, well! So, without further ado, here's my version of the previously mentioned dish (click the link above and look at their picture, then come back)...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails