2.06.2011

Snow Daze!

As a child...I absolutely LOVE snow days!
As a grown-up...I love having a snow day or two.
As a teacher...I love snow days and encourage the children to go to bed with their PJs on backward, but fret each day about how much further behind we are in our lessons. I dream about all the things I could be doing at work or could have brought home to work on...

As a child...I liked going to the grocery store with my mom. I would beg for the latest stuff.
As a grown-up...I HATE going to the grocery store! It's a pain in the arse and I would so pay someone to get my groceries, bring them home and put them away.
As a teacher...I am ALWAYS at the grocery store buying goodies for the classroom AND the household, unless....

I've gone on strike from the store. That is what I have really been doing the whole year of 2011! I just hate the grocery store....

What's the point, you ask? The point is that when we had SNOW-mageddon last week, there was just the minimum amount of food in the house. I think we survived on turkey/cheese sandwiches, eggs, granola bars, hot cocoa mix, milk and kool-aid! It was terrible! Talk about slacker mom over here... I'm okay with that though. Nobody starved...

But, let me tell you, it is extremely hard to satisfy a craving for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups when you are snowed in for a few days. I tried to ignore my need for chocolate and peanut butter, but I failed miserably! So, I got creative...

To curb desires for chocolatey, peanut butter goodness all you need is some JIFF, Hershey's chocolate syrup and a spoon. Yes, folks, I made myself the PMS-ing woman's Reese's cup...just call it Peese's!

I took a scoop of PB and put a crater in the center of my PB filled spoon. I then put a squirt of chocolate sauce in the crater and swirled them together.

It was the BEST off brand peanut butter cup I ever had!

1 comment:

Mrs. H. said...

"Peeses", really? You sound like a crack fiend. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails