2.28.2009

Delightful by MDB

A couple nights ago, Aiden and Drew were playing; having a great time. They were laughing and giggling and my rusty dendrites started sparking. Inspired by their joy, here's what I came up with:


Your laughter is a masterpiece.

A prism bringing ribbons of color
The morning dew on a blossom or
The glisten of a tear.

Joyous bells
The harmony of applause
Melodious notes in a symphony.

Coziness on a winter's night
Playing in the rain
Being enveloped in love.

Ice cream and warm pie
The aroma of innocence in the folds of a baby's skin
As familiar as the scent of home.

A sweet morsel of goodness melting on my tongue
Taste-testing life's bounty
A blend of carefree and joy.

A snowflake,
Beautifully simple, yet filled with complexities.
A masterpiece, tantalizing my senses.

Delightful.

3 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

WOW ~as I dry the tears from my eyes~ That was awesome. Pretty good right off the cuff. You never stop amazing me.

Unknown said...

You're my mom. It's your job to say that. Thanks!

Mrs. H. said...

You should know that by being your mom, I am your most difficult critic.

I can't lie about the pride I feel when I look at the woman you've become.

You do truly amaze me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails