1.26.2009

Just add it to the list

There are some things that are just inevitable when you are a teacher and work with children. I really can't stand any of them, but the come with the territory.
  • pee-pee
  • poo
  • vomit
  • ring worm
  • chicken pox
  • common cold
  • head lice - the icky crawlies!

I have had a case of the pee-pees, the poos, the common cold, and today I was able to add head lice to my list. A student came up to me and said the itching just wouldn't stop. I sent the student to the nurse's office and the verdict was nits all around. Stop scratching....

I had to come home and put grease in my hair. Head lice always gives me the heebee-jeebees! It's instances like this where I appreciate being black SO much. I have a .9% chance of having head lice. They just can't seem to survive in my hair's kind of climate -greasy. I'm okay with that.

Just thought I'd share some of the things that I have to look forward to as a teacher. I love my job!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails