11.23.2008

The Princess That I Am . . .

I must say that this holiday season is starting out to be a wonderful one! Yesterday, we went out and did the family thing. We went to Nebraska Furniture Mart to look for a new dresser (found one, but it was part of a set). Then, I suggested that we walk around the Legends for a little bit, maybe see a movie.

We stopped at MeMa's Bakery and have a delectable snack. We sat and ate inside because we had time to kill; movie didn't start until 6:15. From there, we decided to look for work shoes for Mr. Bradner. I think we went into 2 stores before Aiden dropped a bomb. While Andrew, Aiden and I went to the bookstore to use the restroom, Arik was looking at a map to find shoe stores that he wanted to go to.

Here's where the story gets interesting. Flashback for a moment...

Remember Mr. Filthy McNasty? Well, I have had to encounter him a couple times since then, but Mrs. McNasty (who isn't nasty at all, BTW) has always been present. Thank goodness for that. Anywho, when I first met McNasty, I wasn't wearing my wedding ring. At school, my ring really took a beating and I was afraid that I would loose the diamond. I just stopped wearing it when I realized I was prego with Aiden. You know, fat fingers, etc.

Well, ever since McNasty, I have been wearing my ring despite my fear. I told Arik about my feelings and we had discussed getting a little cheap band that I could wear at work.

Can you guess where I am going with this? Even MORE interesting now...

Yesterday, when the boys and I came back from the bookstore, we spotted Mr. Bradner in Helzberg Diamonds! He was talking with a sales representative and had explained my delimma. She starts showing me things out of the middle cases (cute, but not eye catching). I told her that I really liked the wedding band style (big diamond in the center and accents on the side). She expertly walked us over to the counter farthest from the door and started showing me some gorgeous pieces. Well, there was one that stood out from the rest. It's called the Masterpiece Diamond. It truely is a masterpiece!

Daddy Warbucks decided that it was okay for me to get an upgrade on my wedding ring since next July will be out 10th anniversary. It is the perfect ring for me! It is 18kt white gold engagement/wedding set with a total of 18 diamonds. The ring is perfect. It is 1 carat, has a color grade of D (colorless), a clarity grade of SI1, and recieves and cut/finish grade of excellent/excellent! The perfect diamond to commemorate our 10 year anniversary!


Mr. Bradner gets me. Once I saw this ring and told him how much I really liked it, he told me I could have it. Now, to be fair, I did tell him that I would settle for something less flashy, if he had been planning to get me something ON our 10th anniversary. But, he knows me so well. I am an instant gratification kind of girl, a princess if you will, and I had I went with something less, every time I looked at it, I would have been thinking about the Masterpiece Diamond.

I couldn't wait to put it on! They had to size it, but told me I could take it home the same night. So we decided to join in the spectation of the Legends lighting ceremony to kick off the holiday season. It started at 7 pm and my ring was going to be done at 7:30.

We stood there through jazz music and singers and the Mayor speaking about something. Aiden and Andrew really did a wonderful job. It was darned cold out there! In the end, we had started walking towards the jewlery store to go home because Aiden was really cranky.

As we were walking, they started the countdown. We turned around just in time to see the lights go on. It was a nice family experience. Then, we went to get THE RING. We picked it up all polished and sparkly. It fit wonderfully when I put it on and somehow, the air as we walked outside seemed a little warmer with my new symbol of arik's love on my finger.

So, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. I can ward off all the Filthy McNasties in the world and not have to worry about losing my diamond when dealing with my 21 children at school.

I am a princess and I don't care what you think, I'm fabulous. I have a man who loves me enough to get me what I want. I am eternally gratful that he makes me feel comfortable enough to be a princess and and love being who I am without any apologies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails