10.06.2008

There's not enough time!

I am so busy these days! I don't know if I am coming or going most days. I am taking 3 Master's courses this semester: Assessment of English Language Learners, Restructuring Classrooms with Technology, and Cultural Awareness for Educators. I have so much stuff rattling around in my head it's crazy.

On top of all the classes, of course I am working full time. I work my butt off for nine months and then I get a semi-break for 3 months. I just chuckle to myself when someone says something like, "it must be nice having 3 months off and still get paid for it." I get the time off and still get paid for it because my job is your job times 10. I have 21 students, each with 1 or more adults that I am in a relationship with (whether they participate or not) and a whole slew of other things that I have to decipher in order to get these kids to learn what they need for 2nd grade. In addition to that, I have mulitple supervisors that all think they know what the students need better than I do. So, I have to spend time doing paperwork, justifing teaching practices, sitting in on meetings that may or may not have anything to do with me and my students, and sometimes being a mother and father to a few students. I have a hand in shaping this country's future. It's exhausting and I deserve to get 3 months off and still be paid.

I am counting down to Aiden's 1st birthday. 13 days left until the BIG day. I am so excited. I have to get invitations in the mail. For those that are interested in the details, pelase save the date Sunday, October 19th at 2:30 pm. The party is at my house. Hope for comfortable fall weather. GIFTS: Aiden wears a size 12-18 months (more the 18, than the 12). He looks good in any color, really. We like toys that are challenging and fun. If it has an electronic something to it, it's even better. No Pooh or any of his gay friends, please. I might have to set you on fire if you come with some Pooh. If you need directions or anything call/text/email me and I will get back with you.

Where has the time gone? I need about 2 more hours added to my day during the school year. That would make me happy. I always feel like there is something I should be doing and that feeling is very tiring.

Mother/wife/teacher/student - I am living a quadruple life and it's exhausting! But, I guess I wouldn't have it any other way....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails