10.15.2011

It's the Great Pumpkin, Bradner Family!

We took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch today. We usually ride out to Schaake's Pumpkin Patch in Lawrence. Today, however, we rolled out to Kerby's Pumpkin Patch in Bonner Springs.

Why change tradition? 'Cuz, I am taking the kdgrs there on Friday and I wanted to "try it before we bought it." You know, I'd need to have a plan in place, just in case it sucked.

I was pleasantly surprised. It was neat and tidy. There was a corn maze, zip lines for the kiddles, a playground, a haunted house, eating area, and the hayride and pumpkin patch.

I did happen to forget my Nikon on account of me being grumpy with a side of cranky pants. I had to muddle through by taking some fone-tos (um...phone photos). They came out well.

The weather was perfect for our family outing this weekend. Even Andrew participated and you know what a feat that is since he is all pre-teen mode and stuff.

Aiden was excited because he realized something VERY important. With a devilish grin, he said to me, "Hey, Mommy! Since we went to the pumpkin patch, we skipped my nap! I don't have to take one now!"

Aril was pleased with this pumpkin patch because it was a 20 minute drive as opposed to a 40 minute drive.

Yeah, they are all easy to please...most days.

We bought three pumpkins; 1 for Drew, 1 for Aiden and 1 for us to carve up, gag on the gross pumpkin smell and roast the seeds. Good times to be had by all!

I just adore autumn, peeps!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails