2.24.2010

Hey! Catch Those Thoughts...

Last night, I went to bed around 1 am. You'd think I'd be tired and fall right alseep, huh? I didn't. I lay awake for like an hour plus just trying to get my brain to shut off. Different things were running rampant...

I was just thinking about how my 31st birthday will be next Friday and what kind of blog tribute I would like to do this year. Last year, I attempted to do a 31 days of about me, defining who I am and what makes me tick. I started of March 2009 with a BANG! Go check it out...I'll wait...

Done? Good. So, my brain child for this year is to do a 31 day tribute to people in my life that have played a significant role. These people are the ones who put up with my crap, have had my back, increased my happiness, loved me unconditionally... yada, yada, yada. There have been some pretty amazing and NOT so amazing people in my life that have contributed to my personality and demeanor. Stay tuned to see if you make the cut!

Another thing that I lay in bed contemplating was that I want to get started on my children's book. Over the years, I have fallen in love with stories written by actors/entertainers-turned-writers that had a really good message.




Some of my favorites are Jamie Lee Curtis and every single one of the books she's written. I'm Gonna Like Me, Today I Feel Silly & Other Silly Moods That Make My Day, It's Hard To Be Five, Big Words for Little People. The list could go on!



I just recently became smitten with books by Julianne Moore. Her first book is called, Freckleface Strawberry. It's about a little girl who is COVERED in freckles and decided to hide them. She found out that having freckles wasn't so bad.


Anyway, I think about all the things in my life, my sons' lives, and the lives my kiddos live in my classroom. I have so much material to pull from; I could write something fantastic! I just need an illustrator and some people to fund my project. It's hard to break into the children's book industry. I would have to self-publish to get the ball rolling... Any contributors are welcome to apply by leaving their email addresses below (*wink, wink*)!

I've been doing little limericks, songs, and poems for my kiddos to learn about nouns/verbs/adjectives, colors, numbers, reading comprehension strategies for years! I could put them in a little potty chair book for youngins....

Basically, my mind was wandering because I feel stagnant in my life. I need something eye opening to happen. I figured I have to do something to make the staleness in my life drain away. I'll keep you posted on what's up with me.

Remember to stay connected for my March tributes to "Kesha, This Is Your Life!"

1 comment:

Desiree said...

How cool - my birthday is next Tuesday! Maybe I should do something too....

And I totally think you should go full steam ahead with your children's book - it sounds like a great idea and God knows we need as many positive books for children as possible!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails