4.21.2009

Multiple Jobs, Must Be Jamaican - Isn't That the Saying?

I have lined up plenty of things for this summer to help rake in the dough. I was just looking for something to do with my spare time and make some extra $$$$. I still get paid for my teaching gig during the summer, but I don't have to do anything so I'm free...

I signed up to be a tutor. It's kind of nice because I can make my own hours, say yay or nay to clients, and I'm my own boss, but I don't have to worry about the business side. The company is called ABC Tutors and all I have to do is show up and help children learn strategies to succeed in school. I'll be working with children in grades K-4 on reading, math, study skills, etc. It's good money and it'll help me in the classroom diagnois what the students need faster.

In addition to tutoring, I signed up to teach a form of summer school through the district. Monday-Thusday (4 hours a day/5 weeks) I will be a computer lab monitor helping students that come in with computer questions and such. Good money. And to top it all off, at the end of the summer, I will be attending a reading academy for a week. That's good dinero as well!

I will have about 2-3 weeks during the summer where I will have nothing to do outside of tutoring. All this money is extra. I have to support Arik's car stereo addiction and the children's need to eat.

Things are going to be modified business as usual this summer, but I'm looking forward to it all! Bring it on...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails