4.25.2009

18 Months

Yesterday, I had the day off. Not for anything in particular, just a non-duty day for teachers. So, I made some appointments for Aiden to commemorate his being 18 months. We had a photo session at 10 am and a doctor's appointment at 2:15 pm.

The photo session at JCP went very well. Aiden was super happy and energetic. There are some really cute pictures of Aiden, Aiden and Andrew and the 3 of us. I'll post pix in a week or two. I had a 50% off coupon and got a bunch of photos!

At the doctor's it was brought to my attention (not in a chastising way) that I completely MISSED Aiden's 15 month checkup! So because of another of my slacker mom moments, Aiden will have to get 5 shots in two weeks. Ouch, right?

Why 2 weeks, you ask? Because yesterday at the doctor's office, Aiden was not a well baby. Turned out he had a fever and that fever was a result of an ear infection! So, instead of vaccinations, Monkey got a prescription for an antibiotic and a smile.

I have NO experience with ear infections. Drew has never had one and I'm not to keen on the signs. But even if I did know the signs, it wouldn't have done any good. Aiden didn't give any signs of discomfort.

So, the kid is on his medication and he weighs in at 29.5 lbs and is 32 inches long. He gained about 6 lbs in 6 months. That's my healthy fella! He's wearing 24 months, after all. Gotta love him!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails