3.03.2009

Pieces of Me

Let's see here... What can I share today? When I was little, we lived in an apartment down in the "hood". My bedroom was decked out in Strawberry Shortcake. Not that cracked up whore that prances around these days, but the REAL Strawberry Shortcake. You know the one who's head fit her body? Not the craptacular, BRATS lookin' one.


Anyway, I vaguely remember one day helping my mom put some sodas away, or something. These sodas were in glass bottles with the metal bottle caps. You remember the ones?

Well, I was trying to be super woman and carry a bunch at a time. The bottle slipped out of my arms and to the floor with a crash. I did not come away unscathed, however. On my right thigh, one of those metal bottle caps caught me. Sliced my thigh all up and down! It was a very long gash and bled a lot. Of course, over the years the scar has faded a little, but you can still see and feel it.

I probably should have went to the hospital and got some stitches or something, but you know how black people can be - just like the Greeks in that one movie when they just put Windex on anything that was ailing them. Only, we don't put Windex on anything; we use Rindex (almost sounds the same but it's cheaper). Nah, I'm just kidding...

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I was into Rainbow Bright, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who the heck is Rainbow Bright?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails