3.05.2009

It's Official

Well, today is March 5th. I am 30-years-old.
Wow! That's a number for you. I really don't feel any different. However, I know that my metabolism is slowing down as type this, my joints are getting creaky, the family trait (beauty moles all over) is really starting to take it's toll, my few gray hairs are going to get unruly and I'm going to die soon...

Ah, well. Who cares? It's just a number right? Right. I feel good. There isn't an urge to cry or knit an afghan or anything. I'm just 30.

What was going on in my life when I was half this age? Humm...

Well, it wasn't quite half of 30. This flashback happened when I was 16. I had my first kiss outside my parents house on Longwood. The boy was a childhood friend that I reconnected with that summer. He had really grown up to be an attractive young man.

We tried to be discrete, but only ended up being as discrete as 16-year-olds could be on a bright, sunshiny day with the whole neighborhood watching. You can get multiple accounts of what happened that day from at least 4 different neighbors.

I must say, it was a memorable day. Not because of the kiss - it was a 1st kiss. It was memorable because of the distinctly feminine power that I discovered. Those endorphins rushing through my veins, the flutter in my stomach, and the wooziness that I was feeling engaging in this very personal act.

I enjoyed the feeling of having someone be into me. The idea of "going together" and actually being together on a regular basis. Remember 1st boyfriend, Ernie? I didn't have that with him. We only saw each other on a few occasions and I never let him kiss me.

It was an eye opening experience for me and really ushered me into my raging hormone phase. I was into boys. Well, my folks didn't really appreciate the special moment this boy and I shared. They were in a position to look right out a window and see us playing tonsil hockey. The next thing I knew, my mom was screaming for me to get in the house and they commenced to lecturing me. What did they say? I don't know. I was too busy thinking about my 1st kiss.

So, the total number of boys that I have kissed in my life? I can count them on 2 hands. I do believe my total number in my 30 years of life is 10. That's a kiss every 3 years.

Number of years alive: 30
Number of kisses in lifetime: 10
Memories created: Priceless

For anything else, you'd need to get a hooker.....

5 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

Quarter-till never made it to the game really. I see you neglected to put the name of 1st-kiss-guy out there. Hmm....

BTW, Miss America Pageants are overrated anyway.

Mrs. H. said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy SwEeTiE!

Unknown said...

You and I both know who he is. I didn't want to put hiim on blast like that. He is a "friend" on one of my networking sites... ;-*

Anonymous said...

I don't know who it is and I'm family. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you were old enough to remember.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails