11.10.2012

Shakin' Things Up!


How about this! I have been sucking down some delicious meal replacement shakes for the past 90 days and I've gotten great results. I also made Arik do it because it's easier for me to do something with a partner.

So, here's what I looked like before I started...



I've always been a big girl, but I was just getting bigger and my clothes weren't fitting. I didn't want to have to go buy bigger clothes! Those were the clothes that I had gotten rid of 2 summers ago with my first 30 pound weight loss! 

If you will turn your attention to the camel toe and squishy armpit fat in the first photo and the spare tire and double chin in the left photo. I was NOT a happy camper... I was just completely rotund.

So, I decided to do something about it. Insert Body By ViSalus; a tasty meal replacement shake that you have 1-2 times per day. DO NOT think SlimFast, because it is not like that. It tastes way better! Especially since you can mix your own shake flavors. In addition to helping minimize body fat

 

I have been having 2 shakes a day with a good amount of snacks for the last 90 days. I was super surprised with myself because I actually stuck with it the whole 90 days! Awesome for my budding girlish figure (if you don't count the fabulous breasts that I have! LOL!)... Not to mention that it was super helpful that Mr. B was tagging along for the results. Here he was before the 90 Day Challenge:


Now that we've been shaking things up and trying to workout a little more (me by taking pole dance and striptease classes and him working out in the gym at his job), we've meet our challenge and come out lighter and taking up less space. Take a look!


Above is Mr. B's Before and After photos. He lost 40 lbs and 12.5 inches from his waist! He's always looked amazing to me, but now, he looks AAHHHHHmazing!







Here I am a the end of my 90 Day Challenge. The differences are, in my eyes, very subtle but I feel them all over and it has really improved my mood and caused my level of confidence to rise!








So, the photo on the left is my before picture and on the right is my after shot. I've gone ahead and highlighted some areas for you to look at. At the neck area, my collar bone is more prominent, the squishy underarm area has minimized a little, and the camel toe is no longer there. In fact, my shorts have a little hang time in them!




Again, the shot on the left is my before and on the right is my after. Please take note that the double chin is now singular, the back fat has smoothed out a bit, the spare tire has been used and there is a little hang time again at the front of my shorts!










As for the rest of my stats. I have lost 22 lbs as of yesterday (weigh in day). I've gone down 4 pants sizes and I feel great! Body By Vi has changed me so much. I foresee myself having at least 1 shake a day for the rest of my life. 

I know with meal replacement it's a no brainer because you are eating fewer calories because your shakes aren't a lot, but this is also teaching me to manage and maintain. 

As a big girl I've forgotten how to eat. No, it's not the case of me eating all the time. It's a case of me not eating enough and my body thinking it needs to hold on to all the food I put in my mouth. Starvation mode, peeps call it.

My body is getting a regular dose of nutrition each and every day and It can be a little more selective as to what it holds onto and what it tosses to the side.

I don't see this as a gimmick or a fad. I see this as something that works for me. You have to have a certain mindset to be able to drink your meals. I have it, you might not and that's okay. You just need to do what's right for you. I'm glad I did this for me...


Starting my 2nd 90 day challenge today! If you want to join me, let me know. We can cheer each other on... Take the Body By ViSalus Challenge with me...




3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Why did you take your comment away, bro? I was calling it like I saw it... It is what it is...lol

B-Mom said...

Kesha! You look fabulous! Great job! It is so hard to stick to something, but you did it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails