3.22.2010

Toni & Jamille

Even though you have each played your own significant part in my life, I always think of you as "Toni & Jamille."


I am grateful for the summers in Burlington, KS. I think that is where I got my first taste of stardom! I know it was becuase we were the ONLY black folk in town, but still... At the pool, I felt splederific! Jamille's cousin from KC. I felt the it girl when I spent the week at your house. Man, Jamille! You must have felt like this ALL the time. No wonder your taste for theatrics (sp) was your backbone growing up... lol!


Toni, you gave me an opportunity to get out of myself for 6-7 days. I didn't have to think about anything. You provided a list of chores and freedom to do what we wanted (usually swimming and riding our bikes around town). I will always look back on my memories of Burlington fondly. I will always have the summer that I entered womanhood (Aunt Flo, perves), cool and crazy babysitters, cats, cats, and more cats! Thanks for those memories.


Jamille, I think it did me good to have a cousin that was SOOO confident at such a young age. It was such a blessing that we moved into the house next to Uncle James. I can't imagine what our relationship would be like without those weekends engaged in pretend play or the weeks we'd spend hanging out with you and your friends. Knowing you has been such a pleasure! I love how we fall back into our childhood routine when we're together. Even though life has brought me a hubby, kids, a career; you a career, a hubby and a dog... we still fit into those childhood silhouettes. I am thankful for that.

I can't say too much about you girls. I love ya!

1 comment:

Mrs. H. said...

What can you say...they are both so AWESOME! I'm glad you and Jamille were able to enjoy each other while growing up. It was like summer camp each year.

Thank you again, Toni, for treating my babies with such great loving care.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails