9.18.2008

Stalker

Okay, so a couple weeks ago the district had a modified version of parent/teacher conference. It's called Family Advocacy night. We meet with parents and discuss their child's likes/dislikes, strenghts/weaknesses, etc. Well, I met with a parent and it was a typical meeting. I didn't think anything of it. Until later on that night. . .

I was on my way to the wedding party meeting for Jamille and Jebel. When I look to my right and find one this parent driving along side of me. The setting: dark outside, about 8:30 pm. Characters: Me-an innocent school teacher, weird guy-well, he was just weird! Here is how the conversation went:

Him: I do have a question.

Me: I guess we can pull over here and talk about your question. (I did not get out the car, just rolled down my passenger window in my locked car.)

Him: I noticed something at our meeting this evening that I wanted to ask you about. It doesn't have anything to do with my child or the school. It's more of a personal thing.

Me: Um, okay . . .

Him: I noticed that you have something in your mouth (my tongue ring). I have heard reasons why people get those and I was wondering your reason for getting one. Do the children ever notice and ask you about it?

(RGHT? Nasty, I know! He is a way older man and so not my type. Weird guy . . .)

Me: The children usually don't notice until school is almost over and getting it was a personal choice. I wanted something that wasn't noticable and I could take out when I was tired of having it. I wasn't looking for a long term commitment like a tattoo.

He makes some other small talk telling me what he does and everything. BTW, his job and his vehicle of choice did NOT match up. Psychologist or what ever and a beat up POS really doesn't mix. I digress . . .

Him: You are a very beautiful woman and while we were talking I was thinking to myself how intelligent and put together you are and how glad I am that my child has a black teacher. And that you really are a good looking woman.

Me (cringe): Oh,well, thank you. . .

Him: If you weren't married and I wasn't married, I would definitely be interested in getting to know you better . . .

Me: Oh, well . . . (I trail off. There is NOTHING I can say to defuse this situation)

Him: You said you were married?

Me: uh-huh

Him: And you have 1 son?

Me: No, I have two sons with my husband.

Him: Oh. Well, I just wanted to let you know that.

At this time another vehicle pulled up behind us and wanted to do a U-turn. So, the driver of that vehicle blew the horn. Weird guy got back in his beat-up truck and I rolled up my windows and drove off.

I went to school the next day and informed the Instructional Coach and the principal of what had happened and they told me to never meet with him alone.

Now that you have some background, fast forward to this afternoon. It was about 30 minutes until school was to let out. I'm teaching my students to sign the Pledge of Alligence and talking about how today was Constitution Day and the signficance of our flag.

The secretary walks in and asks if she can speak with me. Well, she lets me know that Weird Guy is in the building and is asking to come in and observe my classroom. I asked her if there was anyone available to come and sit in the room while he was there and she said she'd get someone.

Well, Weird Guy walks in and takes a seat. I briefly say hello and explain what we are doing in class and then commence to ignoring him. The school nurse (a tall, black woman) walks in and sits at my desk.

Weird Guy stays all of ten minutes and then takes off and I am thinking, "who in the heck comes to observe their child and the teacher and only stays for 10 minutes?" I think he has the idea in his head that I was going to stop my instruction and whip out a pen and write on his arm, "for a good time, call Kesha @ 555-5555." What?! I'm not a whore, but apparently, he is . . .

I can't believe this guy. Elementary is not the social scene for married folks to try and pick up other married folks.

Can I just say his name is now Filthy McNasty . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I need to be CONCERNED? Do I need to have a friendly talk with this Mr.Filthy McNasty? Do I need to shove my foot up his, well you get the idea...

Anonymous said...

What the HELL...Fist of all i would NOT have pulled over to speak to him..and what a Creapster..now you have one as well as I do, just that mine lives behind me....WATCH OUT girly..BE CAREFUL. Maybe Airk needs to come observe your classroom for a couple of days!

Anonymous said...

WHAT!?! My jaw is on the floor, I'm speechless. Why'd did you pull over to talk to that guy? ICK!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Kesha! It's so crazy how far people will take things. That's great that you informed the school, I'm not sure I would have thought of that. Sounds like you have your guard up and you should, McNasty is definitely someone to keep an eye on.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Kesha! It's so crazy how far people will take things. That's great that you informed the school, I'm not sure I would have thought of that. I can't believe he came the very next day to observe your classroom, what a creep-o. Sounds like you have great instinct and are keeping your guard up, good for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails